Sunday, June 5, 2011

It's reveal day at My Creative Scrapbook


I have some very exciting news to share...I have been asked to join My Creative Scrapbook's DT.  This is definitely a dream come true.  Pam has the most jam packed kits out there and it's such an honor to be on the team.  For June I designed using the Creative Kit.  This is definitely my favorite kit...it's loaded with Fancy Pants NEW Beach Bum and Beach Babe Collections.  Here's the link to check out all the wonderful creations the My Creative Design Team has put together.  My Creative Scrapbook

This first page is of my boys about 5 years, when we were stationed in Guam.  I've had these pictures laying around forever and could never find the right paper to match, until now.  This kit is perfect for your beach picture 


I fussy cut the waves and used some foam squares to give them a little bit more dimension
I was able to do a little bit of distressing on this page since the Beach Bum papers kind of have a distressed look.



I have to say that this page is probably one of my favorite pages.  I love how it came together. The little lizard is too cute.  The kit is full of the cutest chipboard pieces.   


I did a few different things for this page.  I was finally brave enough to try and paint on one of my pages.  It was super easy...all I did was dry brush some blue acrylic paint on the background paper. 

This is a picture of Alexis when she was 6 months old.  We were still in Guam then.


I also made the flower centers out of sheer ribbon.  Which I made a tutorial for and it will be posted on the My Creative Scrapbook website under Tips and Techniques in a few days.  I'll put a link in here when it's posted.


Here's some pictures of my boys fishing in Guam.  This kit is also great for fishing pictures.  Lots if fishing embellishments. 


 Here are a few closeups



This is my last page with the kit.  To make the circle I just cut a circle out of some cardstock and then used the negative space as a mask and glimmer misted it. 

Some more pictures of my boys in Guam.  Troy cracks me up with his goggles. 

Thanks for stopping by and if your not already a follower...please do

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful layouts. They make me miss the days we were stationed in Guam. TFS!!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Melissa, what gorgeous work! Your designs are so fun and unique, and the photos are perfect. You rocked the kit, just beautiful work! I will miss you all, but will keep check on your blog for your awesome work! I especially love that cute little gecko!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hee hee love the flip flop banner...what great summer pages sure put me in a happy mood

    ReplyDelete