Thursday, May 5, 2011

Reveal Day at My Creative Scrapbook


I was asked to be a guest designer for My Creative Scrapbook for May.  I designed using the Creative Kit...it is so cute.  I just love the new Echo Park Springtime Collection and there's also a little bit of LYB's Elizabeth Park Collection in there too.   I was able to make some very bright and cheery pages. Here's the link to check out all the amazing kits and DT gallery My Creative Scrapbook 


 My first page is of my daughter and youngest son playing on a tire swing.  I used a Martha Stewart border punch and decorative scissors to make the border.


 This page is pretty simple, but I loved this page so much...I just had to use it.  I just added a few extra clouds with foam square to give it some extra definition.


This is a picture of my daughter last Spring.  I could never find the right papers to match this photo, until now.  The pale yellow and pink went perfectly. 


I did a little fussy cutting on the diecut to put over the corner of the picture.  And I fussy cut the trees and some of the flowers.  The flower pack that came in the kit  is so cute. 

 
I had a lot of fun making this page.  I love the bright pink paper...it matches the photos so well.  This is a picture of Alexis (my daughter) blowing bubbles.  She had been begging me to buy her the new Crayola Bubbles...the colored ones.  Oh my goodness it's like paint, it got all over her shirt and jean.  I washed her clothes right away and luckily they came clean.  I think if I would have waited for the bubble solution (paint) to dry, it would have never come out.

 
I did a few different things with this page.  I did some stitching with my sewing machine...which I am horrible at...I can't believe I didn't ruin my page...lol.  I threaded some ribbon through the punched border.  And to make the circle border, I punched out a lot of little circles, inked them and adhered them to the back of the big circle.


And last but not least, Alexis letters.  It was actually her idea to use the kit to decorate the letters.  It was very time consuming to make these, but to see the look and her face when they were done was worth it.

 






Thank you for stopping by my blog to have a peek;)

3 comments:

  1. Great LOs! I love the letters you did for Alexis! So cute!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! All those layouts are gorgeous! My fav is the first one... I love the way you lyered the clouds and sun over the pic and used that giant circle to anchor it - I love circles! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey friend how amazing beautiful work have you made with the kid so much to see!!

    hugs carla

    ReplyDelete