Saturday, March 5, 2011

Guest Designer for My Creative Scrapbook for March

I was asked to be a Guest Designer for My Creative Scrapbook for the month of March.  I'm so excited!!! I've know for a little while, but had to wait until reveal day to say anything.  I was asked to use the Main Kit and it was absolutely beautiful!!  It was jammed packed with goodies.  It was such an honor to design for such an awesome kit club!! Go check out how amazing the MCS Design Team is  My Creative Scrapbook

This is the first page that I did with the Main Kit.  This is a picture of my daughter from last Spring.  I normally scrap her the most because she's my big poser.  I just love the transparent doilies that came in the kit.  They really make the page pop.  I did a little bit of fussy cutting and I made the little white flowers.  I absolutely love the little yellow Jenni Bowlin butterflies that came in the kit.  I just inked them and added some stickles.  



For my second page I decided to make a heritage LO.  This is a picture of my Grandparents on their wedding day.  This is the original picture...so it's pretty aged and discolored, but I think that just adds character.


I did a lot of inking and distressing on this page.  I wanted to tone down the color of the flowers, so I sprayed them with some Suede Glimmer Mist.  The brown daisy was originally bright yellow.  I really had to saturate the flowers.  For the ruffle on the circle I just hot glued the ribbon around it.  I'm not a big sewer, so I use my hot glue gun a lot. 




I had so much fun with my next page.  These pictures are of my daughter and my middle son feeding the ducks at the park last Summer.  




I just love the bright colors in this kit.  The kit came with a 12x12 elements page that had so many cute little elements and letters.  I made the banner in the corner, and I'll post the tutorial soon.  It is super easy to make.





For my last LO I just had to make a Steelers page.  I've had this picture since 2009 and have never been able to scrap it.  I could never find the right yellow pages to match, well this kit matched perfectly.  My husband is from Pittsburgh, so we're huge fans.  This picture is of my husband and I at the AFC Championship is 2009...Best game ever!!  

For my altered item I decided that I wanted to decorate a printers tray.  I love printer trays!! These are all pictures of my Grandparents back in 1952.  I love how there bathing suits look and that all the ladies are wearing swimming caps. 





Thanks for stopping by and taking a peak.

2 comments:

  1. Your layouts are fabulous Melissa!! I love the colours in these papers combined with those gorgeous embellishments. Your printers tray looks awesome too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is stunning everthing love this design!!!great job with the KID

    hugs carla

    ReplyDelete